Apple Homepod Mini
The Apple HomePod mini Smart speaker offers Siri voice assistance. It is a smart home control system with an attractive little orb design.
Its price is just $99, but the Amazon Echo Smart device delivers considerably more audio power for the same price.
Unlike other smart speakers, the HomePod mini is not cross-platform and requires you to use Apple Music to get the most out of it. It also requires you and your family members to fully integrate into the Apple ecosystem; Android users need not apply.
It is the best new smart speaker for those who live and breathe Apple, but there are better options for everyone else.
- 360-degree audio
- Noise cancellation
- Excellent bass
- Intercom service
- Siri – smart assistant
- Stereo pairing
Here are some specific features
- It fills the whole room with rich 360-degree audio.
- Siri is your do-it-all intelligent assistant. It will help you with everyday tasks.
- Easily control your smart home.
- It is designed to keep your data private and secure.
- Place multiple HomePod mini speakers around the house for a connected sound system. But it requires multiple HomePod devices or AirPlay 2–compatible speakers.
- Intercom messages to every room. In this case, you will need two or more HomePod speakers.
- Pair two HomePod mini speakers together for smart, immersive stereo sound.
- Voice recognition offers all family members a personalized experience.
- Seamlessly hand off audio by bringing your iPhone close to your HomePod.
- Setup requires Wi-Fi, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the latest software.
Apple Homepod Mini Specs
|Connections with||Apple Music, iTunes, music purchases iCloud Music Library with an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, News briefings, Apple Podcasts, AirPlay other content to HomePod mini from iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, or Mac|
|Dimensions||H84.3 x W97.9mm|
|Display||Backlit notification touch surface|
|Voice Assistant||Apple Siri|
|Compatible with||iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st, 2nd gen)|
- HomePod mini with the latest version of the software
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or later, iPad mini 4, iPad (5th generation or later), or later with the latest iPadOS
- 802.11n Wi?Fi Internet access
- Apple Music subscription for full music functionality
Is It Worth Buying?
If you don’t have an Apple smart speaker at home, it may be worth getting one. However, we don’t think the HomePod mini is worth the price.
If I could get 3 Google Home minis for the same price and place them in different rooms, that would be a better option.
If you are looking for compatibility with other devices, I recommend buying Amazon’s, Alexa Dot. It is a similar price and much better options in terms of compatibility with a wider range of products.
The Apple Ecosystem is the only obvious place where the Apple HomePod mini triumphs. Nothing can beat the HomePod mini when your home is filled with other smart devices from Apple.
- Apple HomePod mini
- 20W power adapter
The Bottom Line
The Apple HomePod mini smart speaker offers Siri voice assistance and smart home control in an attractive little orb design for just $99; on the other hand, the Amazon Echo brings considerably more audio power for the same price.