Google has revealed a brand new product to its Nest Thermostat range. Introducing the model with a lower price of entry. Google puts it much lower than the lowest model in the field.
Let’s take a look at how the latest Nest Thermostat has to offer. In addition, when you’ll be able to purchase one.
Table of Contents
What is Nest Thermostat?
It is a Smart and intelligent device. This Smart device is designed to discover your heating and cooling preferences. It also makes adjustments to your preferences. This gadget works usually within one week after the time of installation. The thermostat has six wires that work with 90% of all available cooling and heating systems. It’s also available in white, with the display being frosted to better integrate into most homes.
It is a relatively good entry-level Smart home device. This device allows you to
- Control the heating and cooling system of your home by Smartphone or voice.
- Set temperature schedules.
- Offers energy-saving features that can lower your bill.
- Energy-saving smart thermostat for your home.
- Learns your heating and cooling preferences and adapts to them.
- 6-wire configuration compatible with most 24V heating and cooling systems (about 85% of available heating and cooling systems).
- Comes in white to better blend into most homes.
- Turns the heat/cooling off (or to a set minimum) when detecting that no one is home.
- Capable of communicating with the optional Nest. It Protect smoke alarm to turn off the heat or the fan in case of gas leaks or smoke.
- Nest Leaf energy saving guidance tool.
- Controllable via front panel or an included Nest iOS/Android mobile app.
- Built-in rechargeable battery.
- Energy History review/monitoring tool.
- Wall-mount design.
- Sensors: Temperature, Proximity/Occupancy, Humidity, Ambient light.
Pros and Cons
Nest Thermostat Specs
|Compatibility||The Google Nest Thermostat works with most 24V heating and cooling systems. (including electric. gas. forced air. heat pump. oil. radiant. solar. hot water. and geothermal).|
|Smart Home Integration||None|
Price and Design
At $129.99, the Nest Thermostat is a more affordable. On the other hand, Nest Learning Thermostat is for $250 is available.
Nest Thermostat offers most of the features provided by its more costly Learning model, such as,
- An app or voice-controlled control HVAC alarms for the system.
- The option to lower the temperature if you leave home.
The primary difference of the Learning Model is that it can learn your preferences for temperature and establishes a timer. While the less expensive Nest Thermostat supports scheduling. It is necessary to configure manually it in the application.
Read Also: How to install your Nest thermostat?
Google Next is an incredible smart thermostat that makes your home more energy-efficient. It has numerous benefits that can easily surpass the cost of its installation.