Vivint Smart Home Security Review
Vivint Smart Security offers Smart-home functionality with its home security systems. The definite types of smart-home kits that Vivint offers contain Smart locks, thermostats, lights, garage door control, cameras, smart sensors, and car protection.
The Vivint Smart Home system deals with 24/7 security monitoring and remote control. It can easily control your home cameras, heating system, door locks, and more. It also supports speedy event response, responsive touch screen supports Alexa and Google voice commands.
Pros & Cons of Vivint
- In-house professional monitoring for example, medical alert monitoring, live video monitoring, and carbon monoxide (CO) detection.
- Customizable package model with affordable, high-end equipment.
- This security system is controllable by mobile app, key fob, or voice.
- It can be integrated with third-party smart-home devices for instance Nest thermostat, Philips Hue smart lights, etc.
- Speedy event response.
- Excellent video doorbell.
- Offers remote control of door locks, cameras, thermostats, and sensors.
- Responsive touch screen.
- No lengthy contract required.
- Supports Alexa and Google voice commands.
- Expensive up-front equipment costs and lengthy financing plan.
- There is no DIY installation option.
- It has a really short cancellation policy of three days for a full refund.
- Requires a monthly subscription for remote access.
- Cannot customize alarm sounds.
- Some components can be pricey.
Vivint Smart Home Specs
|Upfront Costs||Start at $299.99|
|Monthly Fees||Start at $49.99|
|Professional Installation Required||No|
|Monitoring Contract Required||No|
|Power Outage Backup||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Compatibility||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant|
Vivint Plans and Pricing
The Vivint Starter Kit is $599. It also includes the Vivint Smart Hub, one leak sensor, two-door, one motion sensor, and window sensors, and $100 toward additional sensors. Additional devices range in price from $50 to $399.
Here are the costs for Vivint’s professional monitoring services:
- Cheap Plan: Smart Security Monitoring Plan: $29.99 per month.
- Reasonable Plan: Smart Home Monitoring Plan: $39.99 per month.
- Costly Plan: Smart Home Video Monitoring Plan: $44.99 per month.
You can also purchase individual pieces of equipment to add to your system:
- Door/window sensors: $50
- Glass-break window sensors: $100
- Motion sensors: $100
- Smart smoke detector: $100
- Flood/temperature sensor: $50
- Carbon monoxide detector: $100
- Vivint Indoor Camera: $199.99
- Outdoor Camera Pro: $399.99
- Doorbell Camera Pro: $249.99
- Kwikset smart lock: $179.99
- Key fob remote: $50
- Panic button: $50
How to Buy a Vivint Smart Home Security System
To buy a Vivint Home Security System:
- Vivint doesn’t sell equipment online. As an alternative, you can talk to a Vivint home security expert or admin to discuss the size and layout of your home and get a free quote.
- Decide and choose if you want cameras as part of your security system and whether you want continuous recording.
- Plan and schedule a technician to install your system.
Professional or expert installation is essential and mandatory by Vivint. The cost of professional installation is as much as $99, although the fee is sometimes waived depending on present promotions. The time it takes to install swill largely depends upon the number of items in your package.
Vivint’s installation process includes:
- Vivint’s Smart Home Professional technicians will arrive at your home.
- The technician will teach you how to use the security system on the day of installation, so you will need to be present.
- Your Vivint security system is ready to be used immediately.
Related: ADT Command Security System Review
Ans: The Vivint Smart device offers a 120-day parts and labor guarantee and will send a technician to repair or replace any malfunctioning device. After that period, Vivint charges $49 for a service call but will replace faulty equipment for free if you have a service agreement. You have just three days after installation to return your package but 30 days for individual devices. A Premium Service Plan extends the free service and warranty for as long as you continue your subscription.
Ans: Vivint Smart security device offers customized notifications through its app and Smart Hub plus text messages and phone alerts if an alarm is triggered. You can set yourself these to notify you if a door or window is left open, if a camera detects a person or if an alarm goes off.
Ans: You can use any of Vivint’s equipment without specialized monitoring if you purchase it up front.
Ans: After installation, you can cancel Vivint Home security within the first three days and receive a full refund. After that, if you purchased your equipment up-front, you can cancel at any time. If you picked to finance your equipment, you can terminate at any time by paying off your Vivint equipment loan.