ADT Command Security System Review. ADT’s reputation and experience on Smart security platform make it one of the most trusted names in the industry.
ADT Command is a professional monitored Smart home security system. It offers virtually everything you want for your home’s maximum protection. ADT Command allows integrated support for third-part Z-wave devices.
ADT Command Security also offers 24/7 security monitoring and remote control of your cameras, door locks, heating system, and more.
Table of Contents
Pros and Cons
- Speedy event response.
- Excellent video doorbell.
- Offers remote control of door locks, cameras, thermostats, and sensors.
- Responsive touch screen.
- No lengthy contract is required.
- Supports Alexa and Google voice commands.
- 140+ years of home security experience.
- Monitoring centers across the country.
- Landline and cellular monitoring.
- Professional installation and security consultation.
- Smart home control available.
- Most experienced home security company in the U.S.
- Large monitoring network.
- High-quality, well-integrated equipment.
- Lots of home automation options.
- Six-month money-back guarantee.
- Requires a monthly subscription for remote access.
- Cannot customize alarm sounds.
- Long-term contracts.
- Pricey add-ons and upgrades.
- Installation fee.
- Relatively expensive.
- A three-year contract is required.
- The mobile app isn’t the easiest to use.
- Professional installation is required.
- Customer service quality varies by location.
ADT Smart Home Specs
|Upfront Costs||Start at $599|
|Monthly Fees||Start at $59.99|
|Professional Installation Required||Yes|
|Monitoring Contract Required||Yes|
|Power Outage Backup||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Compatibility||Google Assistant|
How to Buy an ADT Home Security System
You can purchase equipment packages, individual components, and monitoring plans directly on ADT.com. However, you can also have an ADT technician come and install it for you without hassle.
For expert advice, you can call or email the company directly for a free quote and have an ADT specialist come to your home, assess your security risks, and provide you with a system customized for your particular needs.
You can customize ADT equipment packages to fulfill the needs of your home. The following are representative prices:
- Smart door lock.
- Doorbell camera.
- Motion sensor.
- Outdoor siren.
- Temperature sensor.
- Garage door controller.
- Indoor camera.
- Glass break sensor.
- Door/Window sensor.
- Smoke detector.
- Indoor siren.
- Carbon monoxide detector.
- Flood sensor.
- Smart plug.
- Smart light bulbs.
Related: August Wi-Fi Smart Lock Review
If you are seeking a security system that is trustworthy and dependable, ADT is your best choice. With over 140 years in business, ADT offers specialized monitoring that will give you and your family peace of mind plus protection.
Ans: Pricing for an ADT Smart Security System starts at $599 for a starter kit and above $45.98 a month for monitoring and goes up to several thousand dollars for equipment. And $59.99 a month for monitoring. However, it includes expert installation, which ensures everything works together effortlessly. ADT requires a 36-month professional monitoring contract.
Ans: If unsatisfied, ADT offers a six-month money-back guarantee. Its extended warranty is known as the Quality Service Plan. It is included with online purchases and might be added to any package for $7 per month. This covers service and repair to any of the security hardware.
Ans: ADT operates a 24/7 customer service hotline at (800) 716-3640.
Ans: With most new ADT systems, pets that weigh less than 85 pounds won’t trigger a security alert.
Ans: ADT security relies on cellular and broadband to connect with its monitoring centers. It also allows monitoring by landline.