Whether you’re throwing a party, looking for an afternoon treat or want to treat yourself, these rich chocolate peanut butter brownies are the way to go. A moist chocolate base gives way to a smooth layer of sweet peanut butter, all covered in a rich layer of chocolate ganache. Yum!
What You Need To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies?
The best brownies always start with great ingredients. You will need unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and peanut butter for these chocolate peanut butter brownies. The butter, sugar, eggs, and peanut butter are all pretty standard for brownies, but we will add a little cocoa powder and baking powder to give these brownies some extra chocolate flavor and lift. As for the peanut butter, you can use creamy or chunky, whichever you prefer.
What Tools To Use?
The key to making perfect chocolate peanut butter brownies is using the right tools. In terms of pans, you’ll want either an 8×8-inch square pan or a 9×13-inch rectangle pan. The brownies will be thicker in the smaller pan and more thin and fudgy in the larger one.
As for the ingredients, you’ll need some basic kitchen tools like a mixer or food processor, measuring spoons, measuring cups, and Microwave and oven. And, of course, you’ll need a good supply of chocolate and peanut butter. The result will be well worth it—make sure to follow our precise instructions!
Ingredients You Will Need
These brownies are definitely a treat. But they’re so worth it.
In this recipe, you will need:
- Unsalted butter.
- All-purpose flour.
- Baking powder.
- Cocoa powder.
- Vanilla extract, and
- Peanut butter.
The butter, flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder combine to make the chocolate base. The sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract are mixed to create a smooth and creamy batter. Finally, the peanut butter is mixed in last. Be careful not to over mix the batter, or the brownies will be tough.
How To Make Peanut Butter Brownies?
Do not be frightened by the thought of adding a peanut butter swirl through these rich chocolate brownies! It’s a super easy process. Here’s how simple it is down below.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine sugar, water, and chocolate in a microwavable bowl in a medium-size bowl. Microwave until chocolate has melted, usually around 2-3 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then whisk in oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined, making sure you do not mix over.
- Swirl in 1/2 cup of peanut butter into the batter, leaving big streaks.
- Pour batter into a buttered and lined baking pan and pour on the remaining peanut butter. Swirl the peanut butter over the top of the brownies. Top with chopped peanuts.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45-60, underbaking the brownies to keep them fudgy inside.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 26-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cooling completely before cutting into squares.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes, cut, top with some vanilla ice cream and prepare to enter peanut butter and chocolate heaven.
How Long You Should Bake Your Brownies For?
The baking time will vary depending on the oven and the size of your pan, but it’s best to start checking on your brownies at the 20-minute mark. When they’re done, a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the brownies should come out clean.
If they’re not done yet, let them bake for a few more minutes and test again. Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies take about 35 minutes to bake in a 9×13 inch pan.
Pro Tips for Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- You can use any nut butter. However, the cheaper grocery store versions will work the best when baking.
- If you are using regular or natural peanut butter, stir and mix it well before adding to the brownies to ensure the naturally separated oil blends in!
- Since conventional peanut butter has sugar, use bittersweet chocolate (70%) to give brownies a perfect balance of richness and sweetness.
- Brownies continue to cook when you take them out of the oven, so you will want to take them out when they still feel soft in the middle but have firm edges.
- No eggs in your kitchen? If you cannot have eggs, check out our 8 Best Egg Substitutes in Baking!
How To Take Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies To The Next Step?
If you’re looking to take your chocolate peanut butter brownies to the next level, we’ve got some tips for you. For starters, add some chopped peanuts on top for a little crunch. And if you want to impress your guests, try making a peanut butter frosting to top your brownies. It’s easy to make and will take your brownies from delicious to over-the-top amazing. All you need is peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Mix all the ingredients until smooth and spread over your cooled brownies. Add little extra chopped peanuts on top, and you’re done!
How To Store Your Brownies?
Once you’ve baked your brownies, you need to let them cool completely before you frost and cut them. So, what do you do while you’re waiting? You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three (3) days. If you want to store them for longer than that, you can freeze them for up to two months. When you’re ready to eat them, just let them thaw at room temperature or heat them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies are the perfect way to indulge in your favorite flavors. You can’t go wrong with rich, dense chocolate brownies paired with peanut butter cups and a rich chocolate glaze! With these five steps, you’ll be able to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies at home without any trouble.
You will love these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies because they are so moist and rich you will not be able to stop eating them. When I made these for my friends, I knew they were gone within minutes.