To set-up All Nest Audio & Create Stereo Pair, the Google Nest Audio Smart speaker offers Google Assistant functionality. It provides clear, detailed sound in a gorgeous design for a reasonable price.
Nest Audio has five attractive colors. It looks more conventional than Google Home. Nest Audio is more competent than both Mini options for every day listening to your favorite songs, news, and audiobooks. Eventually, In terms of audio quality, it is a step above the Google Home. Finally, it is Google’s best smart speaker ever.
Table of Contents
How to Set Up Google Nest Audio Speakers?
Go into the Google Home app and look at the top of the screen. You will see a small bubble with ‘Set Up New / 2 devices’ inside.
If you do not see that bubble, just go to the Plus “+” button on the top left of the app. Then choose Set Up Device and Set up New Devices.
At this time click that bubble and follow the given instructions. You will be choosing which Google Nest devices to add, then linking up to your Wi-Fi network. You may be asked to update the Nest firmware. A test sound will settle and confirm the speakers are appropriately connected, and then you will assign it to a room in the house and give each speaker a unique id name.
How to make a Stereo Pair with Nest Audio?
If you would like to use two Nest Audio speakers as a stereo pair, it is possible to pair them together and assign both left and right channels.
Here is how to do it:
- If you haven’t already, at first set up each speaker in the Google Home app.
- Secondly, you have to make sure that the smartphone you are using to set up each speaker pair is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as the speakers.
- Now open the Google Home app. Tap on one of the speakers that you wish to pair.
- Then tap on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Speaker pair then Next.
- If you do not see speaker pair, check your other Nest Audio Speaker’s settings; mine did not show the pairing option for the other speaker.
- Then choose which two devices you want to make a speaker pair out of, then tap on Next.
- Now you will be asked to select which room your speaker pair is in.
- Select or create a room, and then tap on Next.
- Give your speaker pair a unique id name, like “Living Room Stereo” and tap on Next.
How to disconnect Nest Audio Speakers?
If you do not want to use your speakers as a stereo pair, you can disconnect them easily. At first, make sure your mobile or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi or linked to the same account as your Google Nest, Home speaker.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the speaker pair.
- Now at the top right corner, tap “Settings” Speaker pair Separate.
- Important: After you disconnect your speakers, you will need to re-link the device that was on the right side to your Google Account.
- Then from the Home tab, choose the right-side speaker that you need to re-link tap Settings Link Account.
- You will see your two speakers listed separately on the home screen.
How to group Nest Audio Speakers?
You can group your Nest Audio speakers with other Google speakers too. Again, you have to make sure that your mobile or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi or linked to the same account as your Chrome cast, Nest speaker, or Nest display.
- Open the Google Home app.
- See at the top left and tap “Add” Create speaker group.
- Tap each device you want to add to the group. A check will appear next to each device you select.
- Finally, tap Next Enter a name for your group Save.
Moreover, getting new Nest Audio speakers set up is easy and trouble-free.